Monday, August 20, 2012

a precious collection

I don't remember how many years ago I bought my husband a small purse in the small Tuscan village of Sovana, a little hand-made treasure, that he always carries with him.

It became a tradition, now that we got married, to exchange something that we love to collect on our wedding anniversary, so it came that he started his personal collection of hand made purse called "tacco".

the parcel Giuseppe Fanara sent me 
The artisan who made them is Giuseppe Fanara of Il Bussetto, an artisan who works leather in his workshop in Florence, who has been really helpful with me when I called him wondering if he was selling on line. His simply replied "Deve venire a bottega (must come to the workshop)", flying from London to Florence just to buy a purse! it doesn't matter how exquisitely it is manufactured, the plan sounded a bit over the top. Anyway, I told him the whole story and he offered to send the gift to me through the post, since I was planning to be back in Italy sometime I told him I would think about it and I'd call him back. When eventually I went back to Italy for few days I immediately called him and I didn't need to tell him the whole story again he perfectly remember the romantic issue and offered to send them the following day. In two days I had an orange and a green purses for my husband collection, just before his arrival in Italy.

"tacchi"
I look forward to visiting his workshop in Florence next time I'm in the area.

If you're planning a trip to Florence, pass by that little artisan shop to discover his little treasures.

Il Bussetto di Giuseppe Fanara
via Palazzuolo, 136R
Firenze

Do you have any collection you care for?

No comments:

Post a Comment